About the Company
At AstroForge, our mission is to make space resources accessible on Earth. We mine asteroids to extract valuable minerals in space at a lower cost and smaller carbon footprint than current terrestrial mining methods. We offer a unique opportunity to join an exciting team looking to expand humanity’s capabilities in space.
- AstroForge is seeking a skilled candidate to join our team as a Hardware-in-the-Loop (HITL) Test Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing HITL test cases for AstroForge’s current and future projects. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in interdisciplinary disciplines, specifically Electrical Engineering and Software Development, and have experience testing hardware systems. The HITL Test Engineer will collaborate across all of AstroForge’s technical teams to ensure mission success.
- Design, develop, and maintain HITL test systems to validate the functionality and performance of systems under test.
- Integrate hardware components, such as sensors, actuators, and controllers, with HTIL systems.
- Create and execute test cases and test scripts according to project requirements.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues related to HITL systems, including hardware, software, and test setup.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers, software developers, and project managers to ensure alignment and effective communication throughout the testing process.
- Utilize test automation tools and frameworks to streamline test execution, data collection, and result analysis.
- Document test procedures, test results, and technical reports effectively.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by suggesting enhancements to HITL test processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field
- Hardware and software integration: Proficiency in integrating hardware components, such as sensors, actuators, and controllers, with HITL systems.
- Test system development: Ability to design, develop, and maintain HITL test systems, including specifying hardware requirements, selecting appropriate software tools, and configuring the test environment.
- Test case development: Experience in creating test cases and test scripts to validate the functionality and performance of electronic control units (ECUs) or systems under test.
- Troubleshooting and debugging: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues related to HIL systems, including hardware, software, and test setup.
- Test automation: Familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks to streamline test execution, data collection, and result analysis for efficient testing.
- Programming languages: Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Matlab, etc.
- Documentation and reporting: Ability to document test procedures, test results, and technical reports effectively.
- Ability to work onsite in Huntington Beach, CA
- Experience: 2+ years working at an aerospace or related company
- Domain knowledge: Familiarity with the space industry, specifically small satellite or deep space systems.
- Test management: Familiarity with test management practices, including requirements traceability and test case management.
- System-level understanding: Ability to comprehend complex system architectures and interactions between various components to develop comprehensive test strategies.
- Continuous improvement: Proactive attitude towards continuous improvement of test processes, methodologies, and tools to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaboration and communication: Strong teamwork and communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including hardware engineers, software developers, assembly technicians, and management.
- Strong healthcare and life insurance coverage
- 2 weeks of PTO + 1 week of sick time
- 11 Federal Holidays
- Retirement savings plan – 401(k), with company match
- Office stipend to make your workspace your own
- Equity on the ground floor of a startup